February 4, 2018
A recent study found that medical doctors listen to their patients for an average of 18 seconds before interrupting. If you’ve ever been in this situation, you know how frustrating it can be! So when it comes to your oral health, you want to find a family dentist who will take the time to really listen to your concerns. And whether you’re new in town or simply searching for a new dentist, you probably want to make the right decision the first time.
In this article, we’ll discuss why listening to our patients is one of our top priorities at Montgomery Family Dental. You’ll also learn about what to keep in mind when searching for a new dentist to make sure your family gets the best dental care possible.
What Should You Look For in a New Dentist?
As is the case with any type of service, if you go to 10 different dentists you may get 10 different experiences! Each one is unique and will do things just a little differently.
Having said that, there are certain things you should always insist on:
- Modern Techniques – From dental implants to digital x-rays, dentistry has come a long way. Preferably your new dentist takes the time to stay up-to-date with the best that modern dentistry has to offer.
- Compassionate Care – It isn’t enough to be great at treating teeth. You want someone who’s great at treating the person those teeth belong to! In dentistry, a compassionate touch is just as important as being highly skilled.
- Trust – You want to feel assured that the treatment your dentist recommends is just what you need – no more and no less.
- Communication – As mentioned before, it’s crucial that your dentist spends adequate time listening to your concerns. It’s impossible to address your needs if they don’t understand them to begin with!
- Staff – You’ll have contact with many people besides your dentist. From scheduling appointments to having your bi-annual cleanings, you want to make sure your dentist has a great staff to take care of you as well.
How Does Montgomery Family Dental Stand Out?
At Montgomery Family Dental, we’re not only dental professionals – we’re mothers too! As such, our philosophy is simple: We treat our patients and their families the way we would want to be treated.
That means taking the time to understand your concerns, making sure you feel comfortable in the dental chair and using modern, minimally invasive techniques.
After all, our ultimate goal is to create a long-term relationship with all of our patients so that we can help them have beautiful, healthy smiles for a lifetime. We look forward to being part of that journey!
About the Author
Dr. Montgomery is a general, restorative and cosmetic dentist who is also a wife and mother. She understands the challenges you can face when it comes to finding quality healthcare for your family. As such, she always takes the time to understand your needs and concerns so she can provide the best dental care possible. She is happy to answer any questions you may have and can be reached via her website or at (937) 642-1151.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.