Invisalign in Marysville
Do you want to straighten your smile, but you’ve been avoiding treatment with less-than-subtle bracket and wire braces? Don’t have the time for frequent trips to the orthodontist? Have allergies or sensitivities to metal that make traditional braces less than ideal? It may be time to consider Invisalign clear braces orthodontic treatment. Invisalign is an innovative and effective orthodontic treatment option for teens and adults to achieve their ideal bite alignment without spending years on traditional braces treatment. If you want to learn more about Invisalign, call Montgomery Family Dental to schedule a smile alignment consultation in our Marysville dentistry office. We’ll examine your smile, discuss your treatment goals, and help you achieve your healthiest smile.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to straighten teeth. Traditional braces use wires to place pressure on brackets to shift individual teeth into their ideal alignment. Invisalign trays each represent your smile one step closer to the desired end results. When worn for about two weeks at a time, your teeth will be gently shifted into this new placement. Then, you can exchange your current set of aligners for the next set in the series. You’ll need to visit us every six to eight weeks for checkups, and after about twelve months of treatment, you’ll have a flawlessly aligned smile.
Benefits of Invisalign
If you’re still not sure whether or not Invisalign is right for you, we invite you to take some time to review the many benefits of orthodontic alignment with Invisalign clear braces. Some of the benefits patients can expect to experience when undergoing treatment with Invisalign include:
- Quick – with just a few, short dental office appointments and twelve months of total treatment time, patients save a significant amount of time compared with traditional bracket and wire braces treatments.
- Comfortable – bracket and wire braces can lead to irritation of the soft tissue and cause significant discomfort for patients. Smooth, plastic Invisalign trays offer vastly improved comfort throughout treatment.
- Effective – originally, clear alignment trays were only recommended for minor changes to the spacing of the smile or alignment. Today, innovations in materials and treatment methods mean that Invisalign orthodontics can straighten even the most severely misaligned teeth and bite.
- Cosmetic – throughout treatment, you can share a flawless smile thanks to the completely clear aligners. You don’t need to worry about changes to your appearance. You can continue to smile and speak with confidence in every situation as you complete your Invisalign plan.
- Hassle free – because Invisalign trays are removable, you can simply take them out during meals or while you brush and floss your teeth. That means there’s no need to change your diet or oral hygiene routine during your Invisalign treatment.
Who Should Consider Invisalign?
Any patient who wants to straighten their smile should consider Invisalign orthodontic treatment, but some of those patients who are ideal candidates for treatment with clear braces include:
- Those who can’t devote the necessary time to frequent orthodontic appointments
- Those who want to maintain a professional image during their treatment
- Those who have allergies or sensitivities to metal
- Those who have sensitive teeth and gums making treatment with bracket and wire braces uncomfortable
Are you still curious about Invisalign in Marysville? Before investing your time and money into this process, it’s important that you know all the information you need to make an informed decision. That’s why we’ve included the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Invisalign clear braces. Keep reading to satisfy your curiosity.
How Do Clear Aligners Straighten Teeth?
Invisalign treatment involves the use of a series of clear plastic aligners that are designed to gradually shift your teeth into position. You’ll wear each aligner for 20 to 22 hours a day, for about 2 weeks. After a few weeks, you’ll switch your aligners for the next in the series. This process leads to results that last while shifting your teeth comfortably. It’s important to keep up with your treatment plan to ensure that your Invisalign effective. This means only taking your aligners out when it’s time to eat or clean your teeth.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Unfortunately, most dental insurance doesn’t cover Invisalign clear braces, but that will all depend on the type of plan that you have. Sometimes, certain aspects of your treatment like your consultation or retainer may be partially covered. At Montgomery Family Dental, our friendly front desk staff is experienced in maximizing your insurance benefits while minimizing your out-of-pocket spending. We also offer in-house payment plans on a case-by-case basis!
How Should I Care for My Clear Aligners?
Caring for your Invisalign will ensure that your aligners stay clean and clear, but it will also help your treatment go smoothly. You should always remove your aligners when you eat, brushing your teeth before placing them back on your smile. It’s important to only drink water while wearing your aligners to avoid damage and staining. To clean your Invisalign, use room temperature water, clear hand soap, and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Always avoid using hot water because it could permanently warp the plastic.
Is Invisalign Painful?
You may have heard from others that orthodontics can be painful. In reality, you may experience some discomfort right away, but you’ll quickly become adjusted to wearing them. While the entire treatment is relatively pain-free, a tip for minimizing discomfort is that you can switch your aligners at night to sleep through the adjustment period.
Do I Need to Wear a Retainer After Invisalign?
Once you’ve invested time and money into your new smile, it’s important to do anything you can to protect it. After your treatment has concluded, wearing a retainer will ensure that your teeth have shifted permanently. Your dentist in Marysville will advise that you wear your retainer every day, then only at nighttime, followed by nighttime use for a few days out of the week. This gradual process ensures lasting and beautiful results.