Invisalign in Marysville
Do you want to straighten your smile, but you’ve been avoiding treatment with less-than-subtle bracket and wire braces? Don’t have the time for frequent trips to the orthodontist? Have allergies or sensitivities to metal that make traditional braces less than ideal? It may be time to consider Invisalign clear braces orthodontic treatment. Invisalign is an innovative and effective orthodontic treatment option for teens and adults to achieve their ideal bite alignment without spending years on traditional braces treatment. If you want to learn more about Invisalign, call Montgomery Family Dental to schedule a smile alignment consultation in our Marysville dentistry office. We’ll examine your smile, discuss your treatment goals, and help you achieve your healthiest smile.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to straighten teeth. Traditional braces use wires to place pressure on brackets to shift individual teeth into their ideal alignment. Invisalign trays each represent your smile one step closer to the desired end results. When worn for about two weeks at a time, your teeth will be gently shifted into this new placement. Then, you can exchange your current set of aligners for the next set in the series. You’ll need to visit us every six to eight weeks for checkups, and after about twelve months of treatment, you’ll have a flawlessly aligned smile.
Benefits of Invisalign
If you’re still not sure whether or not Invisalign is right for you, we invite you to take some time to review the many benefits of orthodontic alignment with Invisalign clear braces. Some of the benefits patients can expect to experience when undergoing treatment with Invisalign include:
- Quick – with just a few, short dental office appointments and twelve months of total treatment time, patients save a significant amount of time compared with traditional bracket and wire braces treatments.
- Comfortable – bracket and wire braces can lead to irritation of the soft tissue and cause significant discomfort for patients. Smooth, plastic Invisalign trays offer vastly improved comfort throughout treatment.
- Effective – originally, clear alignment trays were only recommended for minor changes to the spacing of the smile or alignment. Today, innovations in materials and treatment methods mean that Invisalign orthodontics can straighten even the most severely misaligned teeth and bite.
- Cosmetic – throughout treatment, you can share a flawless smile thanks to the completely clear aligners. You don’t need to worry about changes to your appearance. You can continue to smile and speak with confidence in every situation as you complete your Invisalign plan.
- Hassle free – because Invisalign trays are removable, you can simply take them out during meals or while you brush and floss your teeth. That means there’s no need to change your diet or oral hygiene routine during your Invisalign treatment.
Who Should Consider Invisalign?
Any patient who wants to straighten their smile should consider Invisalign orthodontic treatment, but some of those patients who are ideal candidates for treatment with clear braces include:
- Those who can’t devote the necessary time to frequent orthodontic appointments
- Those who want to maintain a professional image during their treatment
- Those who have allergies or sensitivities to metal
- Those who have sensitive teeth and gums making treatment with bracket and wire braces uncomfortable